Keep Burglars Out With A Home Security System
A home security system doesn't just keep your home and property safe, it also provides peace of mind. Statistics show that your home is three times more likely to be broken into if you have no security system. Basic home security systems are made up of the control pad, a motion sensor (or possible several), a few magnetic switches on doors and windows and of course an alarm. The switches and motions sensors can be either wired or wireless. More advanced systems may include video cameras and centralized monitoring by the alarm company. Monitoring gives you an extra level of security because you'll have trained personnel keeping track of your security system. One of the main advantages of having a home security system is its deterrant factor. If a potential thief sees the yard sign or sticker saying that your house is protected, or if the alarm is activated while they are attempting to break in, they'll be less likely to go through with it. Being the lowlifes that they are, they're more likely to look for the path of least resistance and will find a home that doesn't have protection instead. There are 5 major components that almost every security system should include:
1. Control Panel This is the control system for the alarm - the "brains" behind it. This is usually installed somewhere like the basement or in a closet, as it isn't necessary to access it very often.
2. Keypad The keypad is normally installed somewhere relatively close to the main entrance to the house. It lets you arm and disarm the alarm, as well as control the various other components.
3. Magnetic contacts These contacts are installed on doors and windows and will sound the alarm if the contact is broken when the alarm system is armed.
4. Sensors Motion sensors are the most common but there are also body heat sensors available. Again, if the system is armed these sensors will sound the alarm if there is any motion (or heat) detected.
5. Alarm This is usually a loud siren or clanger and may include flashing lights for even more attention.
Roller Shutter Installers Articles
Roller Shutter Installers Books
Roller Shutter Installers